We did it. We flushed our first fish. The toughest thing is that we didn't have to flush a fish because it died. We had to flush a fish, causing him to die. Drick was attacking all of the other fish, especially today. Drick spent the first hour that we were awake chasing Spike and biting his tail and fins. We had to make the decision to get rid of Drick so that our other fish wouldn't die of stress. We bought Drick at Wal-mart and the pet store won't take trade-ins from other stores.
The only problem now is that Buber, who used to be Drick's prey, is now becoming a predator in Drick's absence. Because of Buber's size, however, he is only big enough to annoy the guppies and the neons. We may soon have to get rid of Buber, too.
As responsible pet owners, we should have researched before buying. The tough responsibility now that we own them is to kill the one for the sake of the many. Or even to kill the one for the sake of one that we hold more dearly.
When I fish, I kill the fish to eat it. He was stupid enough to get caught and I was smart enough to catch him.
In my fish tank, I kill the fish to save the other fish. His personality clashed with the society of the tank. So I, being the one in power, decided it was worse to put him into a separated bowl that I knew he would quickly die in and I flushed him so as not to prolong his punishment, punishment for being who he was.
Maybe every Senator should just have a fish tank that they have to take care of and then see where they lie on issues such as capital punishment and mental institutions . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment