And the 5th season of Gilmore Girls lasted one week. I never expected Lane to get pregnant, but this show always keeps me on my toes.
I also read an entire book in one week. Well, it is a book that is just an excerpt of another book. I read The Call To Discipleship out of Karl Barth's Church Dogmatics. I'm not sure I fully agree on his definition of Christian obedience, but I enjoyed his critiques of Christian religiosity. For example, if we simply do what we see other disciples doing, then we are not actually being disciples of Jesus like them; we are just disciples of those people.
Now, I'm reading Hip-Hop Generation by Bakari Kitwana, the editor of The Source magazine. It has been a while since I've surrounded myself with these cultural issues, but, in an ironic way, it is refreshing especially living in Mainly-rural Town, Minnesota.
I've recently thought about starting a book club with people nearby that I know. For anyone who has known me longer than 3 years or so will realize that this is extremely odd for me to say. I just miss being able to talk with a group of people about anything intellectual in any kind of structured manner since college. Again, being an adult is stupid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment