Tonight was the first time I've ever played at a coffeeshop. Of course, it wasn't advertized until about a day ago, and it was the coldest night this winter. So, besides Katy, Tim and Nicole, there were only a couple of people that stayed for a song or two. I played nothing original, since I have nothing original. But, here's what I played:
Set 1:
Wholly Yours - David Crowder Band
Unforgetful You - Jars of Clay
Gomer's Theme - Third Day
You Are My God - Enter The Worship Circle
You Are So Good To Me - Enter The Worship Circle
The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding
Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
One - U2
Running To Stand Still - U2
Wonderwall - Oasis
Not Enough - Caedmon's Call
Thankful - Caedmon's Call
Can't Lose You - Caedmon's Call
Set 2:
Come And Listen - David Crowder Band
All I Can Say - David Crowder Band
May The Words Of My Mouth - Shane Barnard
Land Of The Living - Enter The Worship Circle
Rush, River, Rush - Enter The Worship Circle
Great Light Of The World - Bebo Norman
Wait On The Lord - Enter The Worship Circle
Dance, Dance - Enter The Worship Circle
Those Who Trust - Enter The Worship Circle
I Will Not Forget You - Enter The Worship Circle
If I Stand - Jars Of Clay (Rich Mullins)
Blessed Be Your Name - Robin Mark (Matt Redman)
You Said - Shane Barnard
Lead Of Love - Caedmon's Call
I actually hit the high notes in songs like "One" and "Can't Lose You." I think it went well, especially considering I had to use my old guitar since my new guitar was missing a string.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice list, Tom! I admire your taste.
I especially love the Whitesnake tune. That one rocks.
And you can't go wrong with "One". Now you join the ranks of others who have covered that song, including Johnny Cash, R.E.M. and Mary J. Blige. So that's some good company.
We would have come (had the weather not been so cold). Seriously, that's so cool that you got to perform (albeit in front of a small crowd). Hope to see you perform sometime. I knew you played guitar, but I guess I never knew you sang. Either way, hope it was fun. Schultze would have been proud.
Post a Comment