We sold the Buick. The car that took me to Disneyworld when I was a kid is now gone. I'd be surprised if it is still in one piece.
After a long story of how the buick got towed when it wasn't supposed to be towed, we got the car jump-started. It died as I pulled up to a gas station a block away. After four days of trying to figure out what to do with the car with no money, we finally found the only used car salesman in town that would buy that old of a car ('89 Buick LeSabre with about 190,000 miles). He showed us that the battery was completely dead, the alternator was probably shot, the brake fluid was almost completely empty (which means the brakes would have just stopped working in the middle of driving), the fuel and brake lines were very rusted (prbably the cause of the brake leak), and the support beam between the driver's door and the back door was almost completely rusted through (which means the car would have probably imploded in any accident). He gave us $150 for what he called "four wheels and a cd changer." We also sold it on the day the car's insurance was due, which saved us a couple hundred dollars as well.
Selling this car was a blessing in disguise, a four-day highly stressful disguise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man... the car you took to Disneyworld as a kid. Even though it's run down, that can be hard to part with! I recall selling a similar car when I was in high school, and I had to stand in my driveway and watch it as it pulled away. I couldn't go inside until it was out of sight.
Post a Comment