Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Aww, Ralphie!

Katy surprised me the other day with a fish. We haven't had any fish as pets since we moved in June. We have the skeleton of a 30-gallon tank, and even a spot for it in our new apartment, but we don't have the expendable income currently to invest in making that functional. We had been talking on and off for the last couple of months of getting a Betta (Japanese or Siamese Fighting Fish). Occasionally, I will look at places like target to see if they have large glass vases that would work. But Katy brought home a Betta as a surprise (which I didn't realize for over an hour after arriving home) and put it into a vase we already have. Shortly after realizing we had a fish, I started rearranging the fish into a different vase and futzing like I do.

We haven't really named him yet, but our best choice so far is Ralph. Sure, Ralph is the name we gave to the mountain lion we never saw this summer, but it seems safe to name our fish Ralph since the name never truly was given to a specific animal.

If you, or anyone you know, has a better name choice, let us know. But for now, we just call him Ralph.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katy must have been going crazy waiting for you to notice the surprise...