Monday, June 25, 2007

Binary Stars

During the opening credits of the Inside Man, I realized that I not only like most, if not all, Denzel Washington movies, but I apparently like many Spike Lee joints (that's probably not the first sentence ever that includes "Spike Lee," "like" and "joints"). I quickly tried to recall Spike Lee joints with Denzel: Inside Man and Malcolm X were the two easy ones. then I remembered He Got Game. In the interview between Spike and Denzel in the features, they mention the fourth. Can you remember what it is? (I recently won a Best Buy gift card for remembering more Denzel movies than my competition.)

Denzel admitted in the interview that he has been thinking of ending his acting career for a while now, but that this might be it soon. He would continue directing or something, but less acting. This is a sad thought. There's a new movie coming out that I want to see with Denzel, but who knows how many more this icon has in him.

Not enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's a great scene is season 2 of Angel, when they have gotten a little too rough getting information out of an informant. You really have to watch it to get a sense of how great the doubletalk is, but here's the text.


Cordelia: When you do find him, you may want to be a little more Guy Pierce in L.A. Confidential, and a little less Michael Madsen in Reservoir Dogs.

Gunn: I haven't bothered to see a movie since Denzel was robbed of the Oscar for Malcolm X. Later.

Wesley: That was quite a performance.

Cordelia: I know! Talk about wound up too tight.

Wesley: No. I - I mean Denzel.

Cordelia: Oh. Well, he's always great.

Wesley (to Angel): What about you?

Angel: Who doesn't love Denzel?

-tpy

Anonymous said...

Mo' Better Blues
(but I cheated and used imdb's joint appearance search)

tpy