Friday, August 15, 2008

Am I a Real Adult Yet?

I started my new job on Wednesday. I am now a Student Academic Adviser for Distance Education. Another list -

Top 5 Things in My First 3 Days:
5. I have a cubicle. Really, it's more of a rectangular-prismicle, but I'm planning a Risk!-esque annex of my neighbors rectangular-prismicle. Or not.
4. Within 2 days, I noticed that a class that has been required for at least 3 years has not existed for at least 3 years! That's been fun!
3. Free Olive Garden on Wednesday and free breakfast on Thursday. Now I know how real adults get office-chair-butt (you know what I'm talking about!).
2. I made a chart. I love charts. I'm the Parmenides of charts. Everything can be broken down into a chart - everything!
1. I only had to work a 1/2 day today (but I stuck around an extra hour to finish my chart).

Honorable Mention:
- My phone doesn't work! That's a blessing.
- My cubicle is right under the studio for the radio station I listen to on the way into work.
- I'm working at a college. How sweet is that! New e-mail, new car sticker, and, best of all, getting to watch the deer-in-the-headlights on the freshmen faces.
- I actually have to figure out what a 401k is.
- I got a free briefcase, book bag, frisbee, water bottle, and key chain with my department on them.

Ah, the honeymoon stage.

No comments: