- Brett Favre should have stayed retired. Nothing good will come of this, besides increased media exposure.
- The Packers need to commit to Rodgers for 2 full seasons. First, that's the only way to definitively say to the NFL that Favre should have stayed retired and that the Packers were wise to trade him. Second, that's the only way to see what he can do. If Favre only had one season to prove himself, he would have faded into free agency never to return again.
- Michael Phelps is surprisingly gracious. One hundredth of a second! I still don't believe it.
- China gymnasts are definitely underage.
- Shawn Johnson was underscored multiple times, China was over-scored multiple times, but things generally worked out.
- Everyone looks modest except women's beach volleyball, which seems skankier than usual. However, the camera operators at the Olympics have done a great job this time of avoiding awkward shots in awkward sports (gymnastics, swimming, volleyball, fencing?)
- I feel bad for every Olympian who is not Michael Phelps. They apparently don't exist until they're standing on a podium, and even then...
- Liberos are cool.
- I love eating food and drinking soda while watching the Olympics. Average athletes inspire me; extreme athletes discourage me. I don't see an Olympian and think, "Man, I could do that if I pushed myself." I think, "Is that all they can do?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tommy, welcome back to the world of blogging
I love watching the commercials where athletes eat at McDonald's. That cracks me up every time. Even the (presumably) fake athletes used in the new chicken commercials. So audacious.
Post a Comment