Saturday, May 23, 2009

Another Belated Life Update

More life updates for the few who care:

1. This will be our first Sunday not doing anything at church since January 4. It is a great feeling.
2. Three weeks ago, Katy and I and a friend of ours became ordained. This just makes church more complicated; our church already has a Pastor Tom. I plan to go by Thomas the Wise instead.
3. We are buying a house. The closing is set for June 15. Since we are buying the house As-Is, we had to get the house up to code in order to even buy it (seems backwards, doesn't it?). We had an electrician and a plumber come fix a bunch of things, but I decided I would do the carpentry. I put in a handrail down the basement stairs. It's in, but because of poorly placed studs in the basement walls, the railing needed an extra connection to the wall, which involved installing my own stud. I also had to put in studs every 4 inches going down the other side of the stairs to get that up to code. I am praying that it passes inspection this week.
4. We watched Veronica Mars Season 3. I remembered that it ended abruptly the first time we watched season 3, but I was totally caught off guard again when it happened this time.
5. We are going back out to our church's camp at Glacier NP this summer. That means we will live in our new house for a week before a big road trip. Great planning!
6. We hit 100,000 miles on our Subaru last year on our way out to camp. We will hit 120,000 miles this time. Where did we go in those 20,000 miles?

1 comment:

Christensen 5 said...

Carpentry? Go Tom! Congrats on the ordination. Fun stuff!