Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Community

After spending over an hour talking to a worker at the pet store, I've made a few new purchases for the fish tank. What was so great about the guy I talked to is that, unlike one of the other guys in the store, he wanted to actually help me, even if that meant I didn't buy the most expensive things or even shopped elsewhere. He even told me not to buy any of the plants they were selling. He is a freshwater planted aquarium hobbyist (which is also what I am trying to do) and he just works at the store very part-time to get some cheaper deals to feed his addiction.

Without much further ado:
We have two new Otocinculus affinis catfish (the same fish as Jackhammer). We can't tell the difference anymore, but they are so much more interesting as a school than as an individual.
We also have five snails. Two snails are about 5 mm long and have almost semi-spherical shells. There are also three ramshorn shell snails in varying sizes; about .75 cm, 1.25 cm, and 2 cm.

We have also put much thought into when and how we will upgrade our aquarium(s). I'll probably have it narrowed down to exactly what we want by, oh, the beginning of next month...

No comments: