Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Art of Teenage Flirtation

After watching our students today at a swimming party, this blog came to mind:

When a boy says to a girl, "Man, you are so stupid," what he really means is, "Man, I sure am lonely without a girlfriend and I like the attention you give me when I insult you. It also helps me to not feel so bad about myself."

When a girl says to a boy, "man, you are so stupid," what she really means is, "Man, you are really stupid and stop annoying me. Also, stop being so lame and blatantly flirtatious."

When a girl says to a boy, "I don't really like my swimming suit," what she really means is, "I'm fishing for a compliment and it is your job to step in and give me one. don't you dare agree with me or I will think I look fat."

When a boy says to a girl, "I don't really like my swimming suit," what he really means is, "I hate how unflattering/uncomfortable my suit is. that's it."

No comments: