I miss what summers used to be. You work hard at something for a semester. You work hard at something similar for another semester. Then, you get to totally separate yourself from the responsibilities of school and put yourself into some other short term responisbilities for the summer.
There is a freedom that comes with cycles that I've lost now that I'm an @&^!+ (adult, sorry for using the A-word). There's no longer the anticipation of your current responsibilities being done. Now, all there anticipation is focused on the next vacation, the next end of a work project, the weekend, the end of the work day.
For adults, there's only the dumb cycles: the work day, the work week, the pay period, the fiscal year.
I guess I'm just frustrated because I have to get a second job. That means doubling the amount of dumb cycles and losing most of the good cycles that I was able to hold on to. Which reminds me, the internet is full of a lot of jobs, almost all of which are stupid. Why can't there be a website that shows me part-time jobs that are in my area without showing me thousands of fulltime jobs in the Cities that I have to sift through?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment