Tuesday, August 02, 2005

One year and counting...

It's been one year. Sunday was our one-year anniversary. Sometimes it seems like that was so long ago and sometimes it seems like it was only yesterday.

Anniversaries are tough. You want to do something memorable but something that represents who you are. You want to do something anniversary-esque but something that's not cliche. All that and on a budget of close to nothing. Needless to say, we made it a whole weekend of festivities.

One of those activities was finishing Prince Caspian, the second of seven of the Chronicles of Narnia. Now onto the Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Also, we(I) decided to finally spend one of my birthday gifts from two months ago on a new fish tank. Not the 55-gallon fish tank I've been coveting. We got another 10-gallon tank which sits directly under our other tank. It will be a temporary remedy for our Angelfish which needs at least 30 gallons, but may live alone temporarily in the new 10. The plan was to have the 55 when we moved into our new apartment, but the plan was also to have money to live on, so, with much shegrin(sp?) we decided to eat instead of have the 55.

Someday...

2 comments:

Gossip Cowgirl said...

At the risk of sounding too OCD:
If you only understood how difficult it is for me not to correct spelling...especially when you invite it...you wouldn't do the (sp?) thing. To the tiny obsessive compulsive editor buried deep inside my brain, that is tantamount to offering a dry alcoholic a martini.

By the way, I'm giving into temptation and taking the martini:

it's chagrin (French in origin).

I'd been doing so well before this... :) Now it's only been thirty seconds since I corrected someone. Have to start all over again from this moment on. I feel like I have no control over this...is that why they call it compulsion?

Gossip Cowgirl said...

Sorry. I'm crazy.