After recently viewing AFI's Top 100 Movies, I realized that I am below average. I only have memory of seeing 70 of the top 100. So maybe I've seen more than the average moviegoer, but this is still somewhat disappointing to me.
Here are the top movies I've missed:
8. On The Waterfront
12. Sunset Boulevard
16. All About Eve
19. Chinatown
24. Raging Bull
27. Bonny And Clyde
30. The Treasure Of The Sierra Madre
31. Annie Hall
35. It Happened One Night
36. Midnight Cowboy
37. The Best Years Of Our Lives
38. Double Indemnity
39. Doctor Zhivago
44. The Birth Of A Nation
46. A Clockwork Orange
47. Taxi Driver
52. From Here To Eternity
57. The Third Man
66. Network
73. Wuthering Heights
77. American Graffiti
79. The Deer Hunter
80. The Wild Bunch
82. Giant
88. Easy Rider
90. The Jazz Singer
92. A Place In The Sun
94. GoodFellas
95. Pulp Fiction
97. Bringing Up Baby
I've got 9 out of top 10, 20 out of top 25, so that's not bad. There are definite trends. I haven't seen every Scorcese, DeNiro, or Dunaway film. I've seen a lot of old movies, but not the oldest ones on the list. I'm not a huge Brando or Allen fan. And there are a couple I just haven't gotten around to yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
This looks like it's pulled from the 1997 list, not the new list that was just announced.
Now I need to go check which I've seen, and which I haven't.
-tpy
I don't know if it's the current list or not (too lazy to go check) but either way, Pulp Fiction is a must see.
-abby
Okay, it reassures me that you did this, I was going to do it, but thought it might be too dorky, but since you're cool, I'll do it right now.
Annie Hall, Network and American Graffiti are classics. Annie Hall is probably Woody Allen's greatest film, aside from Radio Days and What's Up Tiger Lily. Would highly recommend renting any of these on an rainy day.
Post a Comment