Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Tough Question ... For Some

If you had to chose between spending eternity with God/Jesus/Holy Spirit/angels but in hell or spending eternity with Satan/demons but in heaven, which would you chose?

(Author's bias: I think that the lack of Christians asking themselves questions like this has led to an overemphasis on heaven in worship and, more importantly, evangelism.)

5 comments:

AL said...

Is that really even a possibility? I mean I thought the whole point of heaven was being with God.

JL! said...

I'd have to agree with Al. The presence of God is the definition of Heaven. Therefore, you cannot be with God and in Hell at the same time.

But, in the interest of playing along, I'll stick with God in Hell rather than Satan in Heaven.

Tom said...

Your first answers are the point. Isn't heaven about being eternally with God, not necessarily in a certain place? And hell being eternally separated from God? So why do we focus so much on the streets of gold or the lake of fire?

mjonthemove said...

'Cos streets of gold and lakes of fire kick ass!

I'd totally play a video game that involved those things. ROCK!

Anonymous said...

All together,

"Well there are no cats in America, and the streets are paved with chee-ese!"

Everytime someone talks about streets of gold, I remember little Feifel.

-tpy